International Legion. How To Fight for Ukraine: Step by Step Manual
- On February 24th 2022 russian federation treacherously attacked Ukraine, who resists the enemy fiercely so far.
- Foreigners willing to help Ukrainians in its fight against invaders, can join the International Legion.
- From March 1st on, people willing to join the Legion, will be exempted from any visa procedures with Ukraine.
Ukraine creates the International Legion of territorial defense, which will be composed of foreign citizens, willing to help the Ukrainian army in its fight against Russian invaders. From March 1st on, any foreigner who wants to help defend Ukraine will be exempted from visa procedures to enter Ukraine.
Zaborona tells about the International Legion and how to join the ranks.
How to join the International Battalion
February 27, 2022, the president of Ukraine called the foreigners wishing to stand for the defense of the world’s security, to join the special unit of the International Legion of territorial defense.
«Anyone who wants to fight for the security in Europe, can come and stand hand to hand with Ukrainians against XXI century invaders.
According to the Regulation on military service in Armed forces for foreigners and stateless persons from June 10, 2016, №248, foreigners have the right to join Ukrainian Armed Forces on volunteer basis military service contract, including Forces of territorial defense of Armed Forces of Ukraine», — said Volodymyr Zelenskyi.
The Decree №82/2022 was signed about the temporary introduction of a visa-free regime and coming to Ukraine to fight the Russian invaders. This authorization doesn’t concern citizens of the Russian Federation, recognized as an aggressor state.
International Bataillon: how to join
The detailed instruction on how to join the International legion of territorial defense:
- Contact Ukrainian Embassy in your country and inform the defense service or consul about your intention to join the Legion. You can come to the Embassy in person, give a phone call, or send a mail;
- Ask for the list of the documents and ammunition which is recommended to take with you. For example, you have to bear the following documents:
- internal ID or passport;
- international passport;
- documents confirming your experience of military service (law enforcement services) and your combat experience;
- other documents asked for by the defense service or consul.
- Come to the Embassy with these documents to meet the defense attaché and to settle all visa issues with the consul;
- Write an application for joining the Armed Forces for military service under a contract on a voluntary basis (the Defense Attaché may assist in filling up the application form);
- Get instructions on how to arrive in Ukraine, the availability of the necessary documents and equipment. It is recommended to bring military clothing or its elements, equipment, body armor, helmet, etc .;
- Go to Ukraine in a definite way. Representatives of Ukrainian embassies, consulates (abroad), and territorial defense in Ukraine should assist you on your way. You should get their contacts at the Ukrainian Embassy of your country;
- Upon arrival in Ukraine at the collection point, you need to sign a contract to join the International Legion of Territorial Defense of Ukraine and together with soldiers from other countries and the Ukrainian military to go to fight against the Russian occupiers.
According to Decree №248 / 2016, a foreigner may not be recruited for military service if:
- he has a criminal record;
- a citizen of a foreign state did not consent to the verification of identity information or documents during enlistment in the military service;
- the foreigner provided inaccurate information or forged documents;
- the time remaining for a foreigner to reach the age limit for military service is less than the term of the first contract for military service, except in certain cases;
- a citizen of a foreign state is illegally on the territory of Ukraine.
Earlier, Zaborona spoke about helping the army and medics and how to become a blood donor