- The U.S. Embassy alerted about Russia’s military activity near Ukraine’s borders.
- Americans were urged to refrain from traveling to Ukraine.
- We remind you about the travel safety rules for American citizens.
The U.S. Embassy in Ukraine urged U.S. citizens not to travel to Ukraine, particularly to the occupied territories, due to the pandemic and unusual military activity of the Russian Federation near Ukraine’s borders. The diplomatic mission said everyone should be prepared for the fact that security conditions along the border may change instantly and without any notice.
Zaborona informs about the U.S. Embassy’s safety alert for American citizens on the safety of traveling to Ukraine.
The U.S. Embassy’s alert on the situation in Ukraine
On November 24, the United States Embassy in Kyiv alerted American citizens, who are in or just plan to come to Ukraine, about Russia’s unusual military activity near Ukraine’s borders and in the occupied Crimea.
The report noted that The Travel Advisory for Ukraine remains at Level 4 — No travel — and called on Americans to refrain from tourist travel to the Crimean Peninsula and the eastern parts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions due to Russian aggression. It is also not recommended traveling to other regions of Ukraine due to quarantine restrictions to struggle against the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Embassy reminded that security conditions along the border may change instantly and without any notice.Читати більше новин в Telegram
Security rules for Americans in Ukraine
The Embassy also specified the safety rules that American citizens must follow while traveling to Ukraine. The most important among them are:
- Regularly monitor local and international news and social media channels.
- Familiarize with information on what the U.S. government can and cannot do to assist in a crisis overseas.
- Develop a contingency plan in place that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Enroll in the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment (STEP) program, which makes it easier for the U.S. Embassy to contact in an emergency.
- Before traveling to Ukraine, monitor all the available information about the status of travel rules on the U.S. Embassy’s website.
Zaborona reminds that on November 8, the United States opened borders to vaccinated citizens of other countries, including Ukrainians. You can also enter the country with a negative PCR test or a certificate of recovery.Читати більше новин в Telegram